AUXFIN to support PROSEMA with Mastercard Foundation winning project to improve the life of 37.000 sesame farmers in Mali
During nearly 2 years AUXFIN has assisted PROSEMA with the funding request to the Mastercard Foundation that eventually has led to one of the 4 winning projects, out of 824 applicants.
PROSEMA, leader in the sale of locally produced sesame on international markets, in collaboration with smallholder farmers organized in cooperatives, intends with the support of the Mastercard Foundation Fund for Rural Prosperity to implement an innovative and multipurpose digital solution provided by AUXFIN International that will help to tackle the main challenges of 37,000 farmers and materialize the huge opportunities for improvement of the sesame value chain to the benefit of the farmers and their families. This means
- making farmers “bankable” for financial services providers
- improving production from 300 kg to 600 kg per hectare by (a) providing agronomic online training and a digital coach, especially in relation to the post-harvest handling, and (b) providing adequate financial products to allow use of good quality seeds and fertilizer
- widen the margin available to the farmers from 9% to 23%
To view the press release please click this
AUXFIN-Burundi is growing up for a greater impact on the population of Burundi. We are glad to announce that we have two new agronomist that Désiré Niyomwungere is agronomist specialized in rural agricultural economy and Marcel Ndayitwayeko is specialized In food science and technology.
These two agronomist are going to work on the GAP4All Projects. Desiré will be based in Kayanza and Marcel in Karusi for daily working with farmers through G50.
For more efficiency, field operations is under responsibility of Mrs. Aline Karine Niyondiko. And last, we welcome Charlene Agatoni who will serve as Master Activator.
- NSO awards grant to AUXFIN and partners for GAP4A project in Burundi
- UMVA and PosteCash Senegal announce interoperability
- AUXFIN and UMVA present at IFAD marketplace in UN headquarters in New York.
- Launch of UMVA in Mali with support from Mastercard Foundation's Fund for Rural Prosperity
- Connecting UMVA solutions with GEO DATA
- UMVA PAYMENT APP and POS APP
- JEANNE tool for communication and chatbot, with incident reporting
- AfDB commissioned market study for the introduction of UMVA in Mali, Ivory Coast and Burkina Faso
- Introduction of UMVA in Italy with support from IOM
- Scoping mission in Lebanon to enable Cash Assistance with UMVA
- Burundi growing to 170.000 families (1 million people)
- POSTE-CASH with UMVA link with 3000 access points in Senegal
- UMVA COOP fase 1 implemented
- GEO developed
- SALPOST introduces POSTUMVA in Sierra Leone on 16th of June, the international day of family remittances
- UMVA projects in Burundi reach 30.000 families
- CAP solution introduced, with 6 pillars
- UMVA AGENT introduced
- AfDB provides a grant to our partner in Senegal to leverage the UMVA service towards financial inclusion
- Study to use UMVA in refugee camps in Kurdistan
- Introduction of community activation in Burundi
- Rabobank funds our partner in Senegal to introduce the UMVA service across its branch network
- Introduction of UMVA in Belgium and the Netherlands
- Creation of AUXFIN Burundi
- First implementation for payment process on the PSEB fertilizer project
- Introduction of UMVA in France
- Development of UMVA LOAN solution
- School registration system installed in Nepal
- Introduction of UMVA in Spain
- UMVA Bank developed with focus on SACCO’s
- Birth of AUXFIN International to boost the implementation of the UMVA solutions
- Launch of UMVA pilot in Senegal with support from IFAD
- UMVA Client developed with focus on international transfers
Stay informed with our news letter
Copyright © 2019 AUXFIN. All Rights Reserved.